EWS Ep #17: Baked Beans & Story: A Story Marketing Case Study
Today is the first of what I plan to be periodic ‘case study’ episodes bringing the best story marketing campaigns, concepts and ideas to you to help you grow and learn more about using story to move people to take action for your brand.
And in this episode, this is the story of Geoff. Nobody knew where young Geoffrey’s obsession came from. All anyone knew, was that the boy loved Beanz. In fact, they were his entire life. Geoff’s story is a beautifully crafted and executed brand story, released earlier this month by Kraft Heinz Australia. That’s right Beanz means Heinz… those guys.
I’ll be breaking down for you my thoughts and takeaways from this latest storytelling campaign that really stood out for me. This is the first of what I plan to be periodic ‘case study’ episodes bringing the best story marketing campaigns, concepts and ideas to you to help you grow and learn more about using story to move people to take action for your brand.
The Geoff story is a nationwide integrated campaign grounded by a beautifully produced 3 minute animated short, produced by Y&R New Zealand and Assembly.
In this episode
- The ability for the intended audience to relate with the characters, situations, settings and plot points with in the film
- The they used intrigue to keep a viewer engaged through the story
- How the story structure relates to the need for the main film to be segmented into a series of shorter TVC spots and this plays out
- The micro story formats for the 15 and 30 second spots
- How this whimiscal brand story is able to tie in so nicely to the real world product released on our supermarket shelves.
Links in this Episode
Heinz Beanz Australia Campaign Brief – includes short segments