EWS Ep #41: The Social Story Project
Today we’re going to be telling a story about telling a story.
For the last 8 years my business, Innovate Media, have been working with businesses locally and around the country to tell their stories through video. Last year, in 2017, we launched something a little different and we call this the Social Story Project. – a special project in which our aim was to uncover a story worth telling in our local area, and then to donate our time and expertise to tell this story in a short film.
And as of this week… the first social story project film was released.
My guest today is Doug Lecole. And Doug works for me here at Innovate Media. As Digital Content Producer, Doug is the camera, editing, and motion graphics powerhouse in the office that makes stuff happen for our clients.
In this episode:
- What led Doug to his passion and career in video and film-making
- The inception of the Social Story Project and what prompted the idea
- How it went from idea form into the Social Story Project
- How we launched it
- What happened after launch
- The sort of stories that were uncovered
- The selected story
- How the story developed by uncovering more about the people involved
- The pre-production process and into production
- How it was decided where and who to film
- A break down of the editing process
- What’s next now this film has launched
Links mentioned in the show:
Free 3 part video course ‘Foundations – by Engage Video Marketing’. Click here for instant access to get started.