In this episode I’m going to be sharing more about my experiences in a formal mastermind environment and why I genuinely believe that EVERY business owner, regardless of where you are at in your business right now, should be in some sort of mastermind, whether paid or informal.
So let me introduce you to our guest today. Wade Grundon, Head Business Coach at Entrepreneurial business school.
Paul has extensive knowledge on video-first ways of operating as a business, going beyond just marketing and sales use cases. He talks about topics including how we transformed our business with video and asynchronous video communication.
Wade is a person who thrives on dealing with people and making a positive impact on their lives, his mission is to inspire people to achieve more. He has been in the front line of many companies managing and improving sales, be that one of his own 7 businesses or one of the 100’s of businesses he has directly consulted to over the past 15 years. With a straightforward sales philosophy, Wade believes that selling is about removing risk for a buyer and providing them a product or service that helps them achieve what they need.
A natural motivator, Wade’s strength is in growing and energising sales teams to become more successful, specifically in B2B and B2C direct sales.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Wade and what he does.
- How he describes the idea of a mastermind.
- As a creative in business, why should someone in business consider joining a mastermind.
- The different forms of mastermind:
- Small group
- Long term, or specific focus
- Board style
- The ingredients to make a good mastermind.
- Where to find a mastermind that is a good fit for you.
- His message to someone hesitant about opening up to a group environment.
- The potential points of failure (sabotage?)
Links mentioned in the show:
- Join the Strategy Board: Small-Group Mastermind for Video Strategy Professionals. Fill out the form and apply to learn more.
Join our conversation at Online Video Strategy Community on Facebook.
Complete the Super Duper Annual Engage Video Marketing Community survey, and get a chance to win one of 3 x $50 Amazon gift cards, EVM ‘lead with value’ t-shirts, or the chance for some 1:1 coaching with me.
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on instagram @engage_ben or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate the Engage Video Marketing Podcast on iTunes
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.