Mastering YouTube is both an art and a science. My guest today has spent the last 15 years deep in the platform and is now directly responsible for over 62 billion video views across his many channels. From this ‘in the trenches’ experience he believes that there is a formula for success on YouTube, so much so, he even wrote a book on it.
Derral Eves is a YouTube & Audience Development Strategist, Professional Speaker, & Consultant. He is the executive producer of the Hit TV show The Chosen. He is also the founder of VidSummit.
Derral delivers top quality in all that he does from his products, video’s presentations and live events. Because he loves to present and share his knowledge with others and being one of the most experienced in the industry.
Through his education and experience Derral has become an expert in marketing and some of his highlights include; specializing in converting traffic into dollars, making video views into money, turning website visitors into clients and with this expertise he uses creative ways of finding and maintaining customers through video strategies.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Derral Eves and what led him to the world of YouTube.
- Why the history of YouTube platform matters, and how it impacts on the way it should be considered today.
- Who is YouTube creating for? What’s the business opportunity here that is potentially overlooked?
- How can YouTube drive real world business growth?
- Which is more important to focus on – audience or algorithm?
- What is your business model and how do you identify channels to partner with, or start?
- What is the logic behind not publicly sharing those channels?
- What’s Mr Beast’s (Jimmy Donaldson’s) secret for YouTube success?
- Is the YouTube Formula the magic elixir to untold success on YouTube or is it more nuanced than that?
Links mentioned in the show:
- EVM 111 – Getting a Crap-ton of Eyeballs on Your Videos the Harmon Brothers Way
- The YouTube Formula by Derral Eves
- Derral’s YouTube channel
Get a chance to win a prize when you leave a rating and and review on your podcast player of choice at EngageVideoMarketing/Review. Get a screenshot of the review that you sent in and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.