EWS Ep #48: Why Attention Pays
My guest today is none other than Neen James, named one of 2017’s Top 30 Leadership Speakers by Global Guru and the author of 2 books – Folding Time™ and Attention Pays™. She has worked with big and multi-national companies such as Viacom, Comcast, and Abbott Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Now based in the US, apart from being an author, she is also an engaging keynote speaker, facilitator and leadership consultant.
Neen offers powerful strategies and real-world solutions for paying attention to what matters so you can get more done and create more significant moments at work, in the community, and at home.
In this episode:
- What led Need to her passion of working with business leaders in helping them understand the importance of attention
- Problems with paying attention
- The power of video and story versus emails
- Taking attention to get attention from someone in a busy, crazy world
- Importance of being personal, giving attention, and focusing on people
- The Attention Deficit Society and its solution
- The problem of over-trilogy
- Role of stories and storytelling in garnering and paying attention
- The Portable Story and how it helps people communicate and understand
- Intentional Attention and the practical ways to use it in your personal and professional life
- Listening with your eyes
- How identifying 3 non-negotiables for the day helps you
- Being conscious in asking for and maximizing moments with people instead of wasting and stealing time
- Discussion on Neen’s book: Attention Pays – How to Drive Profitability, Productivity and Accountability
- Who and why did Neen write this book and what do readers get out of it?
- The Attention Pays Framework
- The power of public accountability
- Touchpoints that garner attention