Have you ever been to a library where they’ve removed the front covers on all the books?
Or to a grocery store where everything is in unlabelled, brown cardboard boxes?
It’s no surprise that it’s how we label and present things to an audience that can make or break its success.
And when it comes to video content on YouTube, the title of the video is one of the most important things to get right.
Jake Thomas is a YouTube title nerd. He’s written 1,000s of YouTube titles that have generated millions of views. He runs the Creator Hooks newsletter where he breaks down why viral videos worked so you can use those same ideas for your channel. He also runs a dog blog and dog YouTube channel where he tests his title and thumbnail theories.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Jake and what got him into Youtube.
- Why he believes titles are so important.
- Which is more important – title or thumbnail.
- The most common mistakes people make.
- What ingredients make for an effective YouTube title,
- How often titles should be changed or test different titles and how we know when we have the best one.
- The difference in what works between business YouTube channels and YouTubers.
- How should businesses publishing on Youtube be thinking about their titles in relation to their content.
Links mentioned in the show:
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on Instagram @engage_ben or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate the Engage Video Marketing Podcast on iTunes
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.