There’s no ignoring the rising impact that vertical-first, short form video social platforms are having on the world of video marketing. Businesses are fast shifting their perspective of TikTok from being a teenage dancing, trend hopping, viral shopping, flash in a pan to now seeing it’s increasing value as an advertising platform with under-indexed audiences ready to target with their advertising dollar.
But as video producers, how should we be thinking about advertising creative for TikTok? What role can we have in helping our clients get an ROI from the platform, and really, is TikTok the new Facebook?
All that and more in today’s episode, and it’s a good ‘un. Let’s get stuck in.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Maxwell and what got him into digital advertising, specifically TikTok.
- What’s the opportunity right now for brands on TikTok.
- His recommendation for business whether to do an organic or paid strategy focus.
- How producing creative is different for ads on TikTok as opposed to Facebook/IG.
- Formula to follow for creative.
- The right balance between Awareness and DR on TikTok.
- How advertisers should deal with creative fatigue on such fast moving platforms such as TikTok.
- Majority on TikTok has been UGC type of content, how can a brand create content that would attract attention and sales and keep identity?
- How TikTok ad performance is measured. What is the contribution of that channel to all revenue?
- His recommendation for people to stay ahead with what’s working on TikTok (without being on the platform 12 hours every day!)
Links mentioned in the show:
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on Instagram @engage_ben or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.