Right now, the video production industry is in a strange place. Video shoots cancelled, projects put on hold, anything with a crew larger than 1 basically against the law… but then conversely, right now there is so much more focus on video as a medium of communication than ever before. More businesses are focussed on content creation, on video messaging, on scaling and personalising their business through video.
In this episode of the podcast, Wesley Dean from InterMotionMedia and I discussed what’s next for video production companies and where this leaves us.
Wesley started off taking pictures with a little 110 film camera when he was in 4th grade, and has loved working with media ever since. He is most passionate about working with mission-based non-profits, schools and development organizations. He loves documenting work in developing countries whether it’s producing a water video in Sierra Leone or recording a podcast in the slums of Kibera, Kenya.
Wesley has lead a team that has produced online course videos related to topics such as Conflict Analysis, Mediation and Negotiation for the US Institute of Peace.
He is also on the board of an organization called Inside Out Global, which helps teens produce shot films and PSAs that reflect stories and messages they want to tell.
In this episode we cover:
- A short background to Wesley and what he does
- The biggest shift of video production companies with the current pandemic crisis.
- How corporate clients use video at this current situation.
- The importance of providing value to your audience and not just hard sell.
- The shift on Wesley’s business has taken him as a video strategist.
- How online courses are potentially changing the businesses.
- The look of video production and strategy in the future.
Join the conversation now over at my FREE Online Video Strategy Community Facebook Group.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Wesley’s Instagram
- No Fat Cats Instagram
- Wesley’s LinkedIn
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.