As a video producer, should we be working to grow our own YouTube channel? And if so, what should we be publishing in order to actually grow our business?
That’s the conversation we’re having today with the owner of a successful video production company who has also built her own channel to over 110K subscribers, and as a result, business is booming.
When Jenn Jager started Plum Productions Video, she had a vision: a woman owned business where projects began with a collaborative spirit between creatives and clients. In the past decade, Plum Productions has grown into one of South Florida’s busiest production houses, with clients ranging from SAKS 5TH Avenue, Newell Brands (makers of Oster, Mr. Coffee, Sunbeam and others), and the University of Michigan.
In 2018, Jenn started her own YouTube channel where she gives tips on video marketing strategies. Her audience has swelled to 100,000 subscribers from every corner of the world. In March of 2021, she launched a new channel, “Jenn Jager Pro Tutorials” which is solely focused on helping editors sharpen their Final Cut Pro and Apple Motion skills.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Jenn and what she does.
- What prompted her to start her own content marketing as a video business owner.
- The challenges and roadblocks she faced when getting started.
- How video marketing and YouTube channel led to leads and growth for her business.
- Her advice to other creative business owners who think that just posting client work is enough to stand out and land new clients.
- Is it too late for others to start on YouTube or with a good content marketing strategy?
- How she guides her clients in helping them decide how to best market themselves using video.
- What’s next for her and her business.
Links mentioned in the show:
Complete the Super Duper Annual Engage Video Marketing Community survey, and get a chance to win one of 3 x $50 Amazon gift cards, EVM ‘lead with value’ t-shirts, or the chance for some 1:1 coaching with me.
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on instagram @engage_ben or email email@example.com
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.