The first one I’m going to talk about is stance. Ideally, you’re going to be working at a standing desk or standing when you’re doing your presentations for maximum energy. A few tips here:
- Stay grounded. Feet shoulder width apart. Move with your upper body only
- Hands or arms off the desk. Remove distractions and things to fiddle with
- If seated. Engage your core and don’t slouch
The second part of the acronym is eyes. Find that little green light at the top of your laptop screen or on your webcam and focus on that. A few tips here:
- Make eye contact with the camera, not your slides
- Natural gaze patterns, not ‘deer in the headlights’
- Ensure camera is at eye level
And the last thing to remember is energy so a good tip here is to think about bringing
yourself plus about 10 or 15%, the version of you that might be presenting to a room full of eight or 10 people. A good tip to remember here is:
- Maintain energy throughout, but allow the energy to rise and fall based on the flow of thecontent.
So there you go. That’s the three things that I want you to focus on stance, eyes, and energy, so that your audience can see you. Don’t you just love acronym!