You know how powerful story is in marketing. You’ve heard it before I’m sure, that storytelling allows for deeper levels of communication and connection than any other form of marketing.
But for many brands and businesses I believe there is still a real struggle in working out how to find, and communicate their brand’s story in a way that actually connects with their ideal audience and leads to tangible business results.
So in today’s episode I’ve invited brand storyteller, and creative agency owner Shannon W Williams to the show to talk about just that.
Shannon W. Williams is the Principal and Lead Creative at 10 SPEED Studios – a boutique creative and brand development firm based in Columbus, OH, USA – serving the solopreneur and small business.
Shannon is also a Storybrand Certified Guide and importantly a true practitioner of story and branding as it applies to business.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Shannon and what he does.
- What’s wrong with how most businesses position their brand.
- The difference between forgettable brands and outstanding brands
- How can brands use story over and above simply telling their story.
- Where do many businesses struggle when it comes to applying narrative frameworks into their messaging and marketing?
- How does this relate to content?
- What can agency’s learn from this to better serve their clients through the content we produce?
- A case study of a brand refreshed with a better, clearer story.
Links mentioned in the show:
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on instagram @engage_ben or email email@example.com