How are you dealing with the data available around your video strategy? Is it a case of every now and then just opening your analytics trunk, poke around a bit, and then close it back up again? Or do you get overwhelmed by it all, and metaphorically sweep it under a rug? Or perhaps you’re handpicking a few bits of data that you can make sense of, and simply letting the rest pass you by?
The fact is that understanding the data, and setting things up to effectively measure and interpret that data can be your video marketing secret weapon. So this is an episode you won’t want to miss.
Chris “Mercer” Mercer, co-founder of MeasurementMarketing.io, is a sought after measurement marketing expert and has been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies, plan out what’s important to measure in their marketing, build measurement systems (using Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics), create actionable dashboard reports, and finally use those reports to forecast and optimize their marketing results.
In short, Mercer helps marketers know, trust, and grow their numbers.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Mercer and what he does.
- What measurement marketing is all about.
- The areas where most people or businesses screw up when trying to measure their marketing.
- Where to start when reading or analysing data in video marketing.
- The pillars of measurement marketing
- An example on how to set up the right measurement for a video strategy and how to analyse the data.
- Where to get started with measurement outside of standard video analytics
- Is accurate measurement getting harder as legislation changes or easier as platforms develop?