In this episode of the podcast, I am welcoming back Dan Knowlton who was last on the show back in episode 7 of the podcast. Together we’ll dive deep into what ‘advertainment’ is and what it means for your video marketing strategy or for the work that you can potentially do with your clients.
Dan is a UK-based digital and social media marketing expert who has grown Knowlton into a multi-award-winning business that has worked with the likes of FIFA, Wahl, Nestle, Citibank, Eurotunnel, and Boston Consulting Group. In addition to running Knowlton, Dan is known for giving his best insights away on stages around the world.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Dan Knowlton and what he does.
- The story behind Dan and his brother Lloyd showing up in videos online wearing all manner of different wigs, terrible gaudy shirts, and fake moustaches.
- The value of entertainment in marketing.
- How businesses can embrace the idea even if they feel they aren’t funny, or can’t be entertaining.
- The ROI on advertainment.
- Case study examples
- The approach for advertainment across wider marketing strategy and business.
Links mentioned in the show: