In this episode of the Engage Video Marketing Podcast, I’m excited to share my interview with Matt Johnston as we discuss the world of viral video.
Matt helped invent the format, system, and science of viral videos in the publishing world at Business Insider, NowThis, New York Magazine, Men’s Health, and others.
He produced and oversaw over 2,000+ pieces of video content (both branded and editorial) that generated well over 10 billion video views across platforms. He’s worked on viral video campaigns with brands such as Toyota, the National Football League, Campbell’s, Chase Bank, Verizon, Adobe, Tidal, Fresh Direct, and many others. He’s also driven hundreds of millions of page views in content to websites, and built many successful content and video teams from scratch.
Matt left the publishing world in 2018 to bring viral branded video and disruptive, content-based PR to innovative companies across the globe.
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Matt and what he does.
- What constitutes a viral video as we go into 2020.
- How empathy and emotion are one of the key ingredients of a viral video.
- The elements of creating content to make a video become viral.
- The importance of establishing your customer avatar before creating videos.
- Does having a sales pitch in a video lessen the chances for it become viral?
- The anatomy of a viral video (HERO Framework)
Join the Beta Waitlist at Engage Video Marketing Academy
Listen to my interview on Matt Johnston podcast – How to Design a Video Strategy for Every Stage of Your Marketing Funnel
Join the conversation now over at my FREE Online Video Strategy Community Facebook Group.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Matt’s Facebook
- Matt’s Twitter
- Matt’s Instagram
- Matt’s LinkedIn
- Matt’s Tiktok
- Matt’s Youtube
- Matt’s Book – Producing Empathy: The Secret Method I Use to Get 100 Million Views on Videos Online
Would you like to be coached LIVE on the show? Apply here; Engage Video Marketing Podcast Coaching