In today’s episode of the Engage Video Marketing podcast, I’m going to be exploring this concept of a ‘video first’ way of doing business with my guest, Paul Mortimer.
Paul has extensive knowledge on video-first ways of operating as a business, going beyond just marketing and sales use cases. He talks about topics including how we transformed our business with video and asynchronous video communication.
A little more about Paul:
- Has risen up the ranks from Content Marketer to Head of Growth over 6 years at award-winning HubSpot agency Digital 22 and forms part of the agency’s Leadership Team
- Hosts ‘VIDEO FIRST’, Digital 22’s specialist video podcast covering topics like creating videos on a budget, using YouTube for your business, and growing your podcast production value
- Has written and presented extensively on content marketing
- Helps to lead a team of over 45 in-house marketers, copywriters, designers and developers who are experts in inbound marketing and know HubSpot’s platform inside-out
- Is driving a video-first approach for Digital 22 and all of our clients
- In a previous life, worked as an English Literature teacher as well as a freelance writer and photographer
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Paul and what he does.
- What ‘video first’ business means to him.
- Why ‘video first’.
- The success he sees with video where it might not have been previously.
- Example of case study.
- The fears or objections he sees business owners have to using video in this way.
- How he would recommend video strategists approach businesses who are interested but uncertain about going ‘video first’
- What’s next for video in business.
Links mentioned in the show:
Complete the Super Duper Annual Engage Video Marketing Community survey, and get a chance to win one of 3 x $50 Amazon gift cards, EVM ‘lead with value’ t-shirts, or the chance for some 1:1 coaching with me.
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on instagram @engage_ben or email email@example.com