In today’s episode of the Engage Video Marketing podcast, I’m going to be exploring this concept of a ‘video first’ way of doing business with my guest, Paul Mortimer.
Paul has extensive knowledge on video-first ways of operating as a business, going beyond just marketing and sales use cases. He talks about topics including how we transformed our business with video and asynchronous video communication.
A little more about Paul:
- Has risen up the ranks from Content Marketer to Head of Growth over 6 years at award-winning HubSpot agency Digital 22 and forms part of the agency’s Leadership Team
- Hosts ‘VIDEO FIRST’, Digital 22’s specialist video podcast covering topics like creating videos on a budget, using YouTube for your business, and growing your podcast production value
- Has written and presented extensively on content marketing
- Helps to lead a team of over 45 in-house marketers, copywriters, designers and developers who are experts in inbound marketing and know HubSpot’s platform inside-out
- Is driving a video-first approach for Digital 22 and all of our clients
- In a previous life, worked as an English Literature teacher as well as a freelance writer and photographer
In this episode we cover:
- A short intro to Paul and what he does.
- What ‘video first’ business means to him.
- Why ‘video first’.
- The success he sees with video where it might not have been previously.
- Example of case study.
- The fears or objections he sees business owners have to using video in this way.
- How he would recommend video strategists approach businesses who are interested but uncertain about going ‘video first’
- What’s next for video in business.
Links mentioned in the show:
Join our conversation at Online Video Strategy Community on Facebook.
Complete the Super Duper Annual Engage Video Marketing Community survey, and get a chance to win one of 3 x $50 Amazon gift cards, EVM ‘lead with value’ t-shirts, or the chance for some 1:1 coaching with me.
If you found this episode of value I’d love for you to reach out and let me know on instagram @engage_ben or email email@example.com
Ben Amos LinkedIn
Ben Amos Instagram
Ben Amos Twitter
Rate the Engage Video Marketing Podcast on iTunes
Join our 'Foundations' course free
Learn how to get your Online Video Strategy started the right way with the free course.